Microdata Telecom Code of Conduct
The Microdata Telecom Group shall:
- Comply with the laws and regulations of each country in which it operates
- Do business with a high degree of integrity and ethics.
- Promote its commitment to responsible business practice in policies, decisions and activities. These include our responsibilities towards the communities and environments in which we operate, towards our employees, business partners and society in general.
- We respect the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and adapt to the EICC Code of Conduct.
- Accounting and Reporting We record the correct nature of all financial transactions by recording them in accordance with locally Accepted Accounting Principles. The accounting records must show the nature of all transactions in a correct and non-misleading manner.
- Anti-corruption Microdata Telecom is committed to competing solely on a merit of our products and services. Microdata Telecom employees shall not accept payments, gifts or other kinds of reimbursement from a third party that could affect or appear to affect their objectivity in their business decisions.
- Conflicts of Interest All representatives of the Microdata Telecom Group shall conduct their private and other external activities and financial interests in a manner that does not conflict or appear to conflict with the interests of the Group. Employees’ private interests shall not influence, or appear to influence, their judgment or actions in performing their duties as representatives of the Group.
- Confidential and Proprietary Information We will not disclose confidential and nonpublic information without a valid business purpose and proper authorization.
- Privacy Microdata Telecom is committed to protect the reasonable privacy expectations of personal information of everyone.